1 april 2012

One week in Finland

Now it´s been one week since I returned to Finland from my adventure in Africa.
It was awsome to meet my family and some friends again, even though my stay in my home town was only two days, which means there are still a lot of people I haven´t had time to meet. But that time will come...

After packing up all my clothes, washing them and packing them down again, eating some birthday cake and playing the violine again (really missed that!) I turned  back to Helsinki by train on Tuesday evening. There my sisters Heidi and Hanna met me, showed me Heidi´s apartment, where I´m staying now and took me out for dinner.
On Wednesday morning the course started with 8 hours of physics lectures. It was kind of a hard start, but it made me even more motivated to seriously get started with my studies. It´s totally different from the last two months to be expected to have a set plan for every hour of the day, and use all my time effectively. On the other hand I think it was good to come "straight back to life in Finland", to get started here at once. It might be the easiest (or at least fastest...) way to adapt to here again.

Still it feels so strange to be back. The fact that it´s freezing cold anywhere I go even though it´s spring here now. Seeing all the busy people running around on the streets of Helsinki getting angry if the bus is three minutes late. Running on the snow and ice at the beach a sunny morning as I realize it´s almost totally quiet even though I´m only a few minutes from the city center.
Eating rye bread, Norweigan salmon and the frozen blueberries I picked myself in the autumn again.
Just being able to go anywhere I want without everyone starring and shouting "Mzungu"!

Yes, I enjoy being back home.
But still I miss Tanzania, all my friends, all the dancing people in church, all the sweet African children, the sun shining every day and the whole I´m-in-Africa-feeling... ;D

Once again I want to tell how thankful I am for getting the opportunity to go to Tanzania.
For getting to know everyone I met there.
For learning so much of the culture.
The most thankful I´m to God, for that he showed so much more of his thoughts, his plans and
his love.

God bless you all, both home here and over there.
 (I´m not sure if I´ll go on blogging now when I´m back, but thanks anyway for reading this far... :)





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar